PrerequisitesThe following prerequisites are required before you can install and use the full functionality of Microsoft Dynamics CRM:
- Internet Explorer 8 or 9 (although IE8 will work, IE9 is highly recommended)
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Client operating system: Windows 7, Windows XP, Vista
- CRM account access
- You must be an Administrator on your PC to install new software.
PreparationEnsure Microsoft Outlook is closed prior to the installation.
Client SoftwareDownload the following client software file and save it in your Downloads folder: http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/6/6/466BA2EA-4A6B-4623-86A4-B205A7B3A7F9/CRM2011-Client-ENU-i386.exe Information about this download can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=27821
Update SoftwareDownload the following update file (‘rollup 10’ - version 05.00.9690.2730, published: 16/08/2012) and save it in your Downloads folder: http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/6/0/36048F57-2D2A-412C-9C53-AF9BE5AC1378/CRM2011-Client-KB2710577-ENU-i386.exe Information about this update can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30711
Install the client
- Run the following file that you downloaded in your Downloads folder: CRM2011-Client-ENU-i386.exe
- This will prompt you for a location to extract the files:
- Ensuring ‘Desktop’ is selected first, click on the ‘Make New Folder’ button.
- Create a folder for example CRM:
- Select it and click on ‘OK’. The files will extract which may take several minutes:
- The installation will automatically start the ‘Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Outlook Setup’ wizard. Follow the steps in the wizard, accepting all default options. The process may take several minutes:
Install the Update
- Run the following file that you downloaded in your Downloads folder: RM2011-Client-KB2710577-ENU-i386.exe
Configuring Microsoft Dynamics CRM for First UseAfter Microsoft Dynamics CRM has been installed on a PC, the first time every user of that PC runs Outlook, the configuration wizard will automatically start. This will only once, per user, per PC:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- The configuration wizard should automatically start: