In this post I am giving you basic overview of service scheduling process in Dynamics CRM 2011. Services are created by service manager (having role of system admin or service scheduler) and all appropriate resources are added to it. Once this process is completed service activity can be scheduled by service representative. Some of the benefits of Service Scheduling include the following: • Scheduling tighter appointments while improving service quality • Preventing over-scheduling with predictable workloads for employees • Ensuring reliable time estimates for your customers and clients (more…)
In this post I am going to explain how we can new category for case resolutions in Dynamics CRM 2011. 1. Open any case and click on customize tab. (more…)
When you write an advanced find query in Microsoft CRM Dynamics you would like to know total number of records count. The view shows you only maximum of 250 records at a time. In MS CRM 2011 on bottom of page view, it displays 5000+ count sign if records are greater than 5000 but you cannot find exact count. There are two approaches you can get exact count of records. Export to Excel: Write your view in CRM Dynamics then from view, click Export Data to Excel. After exporting data in CRM Dynamics you can scroll right bottom of the excel file to get total number of records or use the Excel function ROWS(array). Note: There is a 10000 records export download default limit, If you would like to increase this limit please check my article “How to Increase the Maximum Records exported to Excel from CRM Dynamics” Report Wizard : The second method to display total records count in CRM dynamics is built in reports wizard. You can make available this report in CRM entity’s view or form record. I think this approach is more easy and recommended. If you like this post please click LIKE and visit my sponsors thanks !!!
In this post i am going to explain, how you can install CRM Dynamics 2011 Outlook Client.
PrerequisitesThe following prerequisites are required before you can install and use the full functionality of Microsoft Dynamics CRM:
- Internet Explorer 8 or 9 (although IE8 will work, IE9 is highly recommended)
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Client operating system: Windows 7, Windows XP, Vista
- CRM account access
- You must be an Administrator on your PC to install new software.
PreparationEnsure Microsoft Outlook is closed prior to the installation.
Client SoftwareDownload the following client software file and save it in your Downloads folder: http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/6/6/466BA2EA-4A6B-4623-86A4-B205A7B3A7F9/CRM2011-Client-ENU-i386.exe Information about this download can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=27821
Update SoftwareDownload the following update file (‘rollup 10’ - version 05.00.9690.2730, published: 16/08/2012) and save it in your Downloads folder: http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/6/0/36048F57-2D2A-412C-9C53-AF9BE5AC1378/CRM2011-Client-KB2710577-ENU-i386.exe Information about this update can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30711
Install the client
- Run the following file that you downloaded in your Downloads folder: CRM2011-Client-ENU-i386.exe
- This will prompt you for a location to extract the files:
- Ensuring ‘Desktop’ is selected first, click on the ‘Make New Folder’ button.
- Create a folder for example CRM:
- Select it and click on ‘OK’. The files will extract which may take several minutes:
- The installation will automatically start the ‘Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Outlook Setup’ wizard. Follow the steps in the wizard, accepting all default options. The process may take several minutes:
Install the Update
- Run the following file that you downloaded in your Downloads folder: RM2011-Client-KB2710577-ENU-i386.exe
Configuring Microsoft Dynamics CRM for First UseAfter Microsoft Dynamics CRM has been installed on a PC, the first time every user of that PC runs Outlook, the configuration wizard will automatically start. This will only once, per user, per PC:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- The configuration wizard should automatically start:
If hope you liked this post, please share and visit few of my sponsors thanks
I found this useful list of useful CRM 2011 links on http://www.crmconsult.info/ and i would like to share it with you.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Quick Start Guide for Business Users http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=27575
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 User’s Guide http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=27134