Enabling Dynamics CRM 2011 AuditingUsman
In Dynamics CRM auditing can be enable at three levels; organisation, entity and field. To enable auditing on entity level, auditing should be enable on organisation level first. Same case is with field level auditing, it should be enable first at entity level.
Entity Level Auditing Warning:
If auditing is not enable at organisation level, you will get following warning message under Data Service section.
Field Level Auditing Warning:
If auditing is not enable at entity level, you will get following warning message under Auditing field.
How to Enable Auditing at Organisation Level:
- In the Navigation pane, click Settings > System > Auditing > Global Audit Settings.
- The System Settings dialog box opens. Click the Auditing tab.
- Select the Start Auditing check box to enable auditing for the organization.
Once auditing is started, you can enable auditing in different areas of CRM e.g. Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Common Entities.
How to Enable Auditing at Entity Level:
- In the Navigation pane, click Settings > Customization > Customizations > Customize the System.
- In the Navigation pane, expand Entities.
- Click the entity that you want to enable auditing for.
- In the Data Services section of the General tab, select the Auditing check box.
You might have noticed once you enable auditing at organisation level, you don’t get warning message “This entity will not be audited until auditing is enabled for the organisation”
When you enable auditing for entity you get a note under data service section as it is shown in above screen “By default, all fields for this entity are enabled for auditing. Click the fields tab to enable or disable specific fields for auditing”
The only exception is GUID fields, GUID fields are not applicable for auditing.
If you like this post please click LIKE and visit my sponsors thanks !!!