Business Analysis and Design of Microsoft Dynamic CRMUsman
Congratulations! 🙂 Finally you feel interest on Microsoft Dynamic CRM! Great!!
Before going farther, we should know how Microsoft Dynamic CRM is related to business analysis and design.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a business solution to help developers, nurture contacts, track your sales and keep your customer happy :). So, it’s pretty much obvious that whenever you want to implement Microsoft Dynamics CRM, you must think about the impact it will create on your business. You have to analyze how much business value it will add and then design your implementation accordingly.
Business Analysis is a kind of research to identify the business need of a solution and determining its problems. You can go through the following steps for better understanding the business analysis of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
1. Chime with Microsoft Dynamics CRM:
In most cases, as a business analyst we are expected to dive into a project and start working as quickly as possible. Sometimes, project might be already started or we cannot understand what the project is and why it should exists. Sometimes, we face too much difficulty about understanding the project and as an analyst it’s our job to simplify the scope, business objectives and requirements as soon as possible.
But, doing too much hurry, we may go in the wrong direction. That might make the project fail.
So, before implementing Microsoft Dynamics CRM you have to spend time for analyzing its business value. You have to make sure that you are not making mistakes. To do so, at first you have to be familiar with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM, you have to learn it, capture it and be chime with it.
We can make your tasks easier. You can follow steps bellow to chime with Microsoft Dynamics CRM,
- Read about Dynamics CRM.
- Make sure, you can develop products using Dynamics CRM as your customer need.
- Analyze Dynamics CRM and find out whether it can improve your current system or not.
- Analyze your previous projects and find whether they compatible with Microsoft Dynamics CRM or not.
2. Find out Critical success factors of using Microsoft Dynamics CRM
The success of a project depends on lots of “if” conditions. So, as a business analyst you have to find out and solve all those “if” conditions before implementing Microsoft Dynamics CRM. These will help you during implementing Microsoft Dynamics CRM. These “if” will also help to determine whether your implementation is successful or not.
3. Find out the primary business objectives of using Microsoft Dynamics CRM
When you will implement Microsoft Dynamics CRM to your organization, you have to have some business objectives. Otherwise, your organization may collapse to a critical position. Discover the expectations from your stakeholders and find out why they want to implement Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Then find out the conflicting expectation and discuss with the stakeholders to remove conflicts. Finally, make sure that your business objectives are clear and actionable implementing Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
4. Determine Business Scope of using Microsoft Dynamics CRM
As an analyst, one of your most important tasks is to determine the scope of Microsoft Dynamics CRM implementation. Suppose, you finalized learn about Microsoft Dynamics CRM, found out critical issues and business objectives but you do not have Business scope, then everything will be in vain. So, you have to determine what business scope it will create for your organization, which teams will use it and which process will be supported by CRM.
5. Determine How it will help your Business Implementation
If your organization is going to implement a new business and you are keen to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM, you have to determine whether it will help to implement your new business or not. Suppose, your organization are able to create a new shiny solution using it which will meet all business objectives as recorded, but if your business users do not use it as intended, your project may fail. So, you can do the following tasks to overcome this problem,
- Talk to the business users and make them compatible to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Find out their issues and try to resolve using Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Organize training to the business users so that they understand all process and procedures of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
6. Gap Analysis
Now, it’s time to analyze gap between what can be done with Out-of-the box and what should be done by custom code or add-ons. Though gap analysis cannot be done completely until the full implementation process is completed, you have to document the gap from onset from just doing scoping.
7. Determine How it will create technical strengths of your organization
As a business analyst, you have to determine how Microsoft Dynamics CRM will create technical strengths to your organization. We are here to show you how much it will help your company to strengthen your company.
- Dynamics CRM for Outlook: Dynamics CRM for outlook bears most benefits for the CRM users. User can easily perform CRM related tasks and activities without opening another window or screen. User interface of CRM for Outlook is similar to outlook. So, outlook users do not need to habituate with a new UI. This will save your organization’s time to train users.
- Market Share Analysis: From the recent market share analysis, we can see that Microsoft stands at the second position of total market share leaders. It’s going to through challenge Oracle and SAP with its Microsoft Dynamics CRM. So, definite it will increase technical strength of your organization.
- Continuous Update: Microsoft is updating Microsoft Dynamics CRM continuously. So, you company will always have a CRM with latest and required features.
- Business Intelligence: Business Intelligence is one of the most important features of Microsoft Dynamics CRM. It includes flexible wizard-driven inline visualization workspaces, support for Power Pivot and Excel cubes, integration with Power BI, time-based queries and easy to create dashboards empowers business users to analyze information without IT support.
- Software Delivery Methods: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has alternative software delivery methods including on premises, SaaS or Partner hosted which will attract your business partners.
You have prepared your analysis report. Now, it’s time to design and implement Microsoft Dynamics CRM to your organization.
1. Prepare yourself
Identify the Subject Matter Experts and make sure all the right people are present in the board from the beginning of the implementation. You have to talk to the people of your organization at the very beginning. You may ask them in a regular basis to gather correct requirements. You may also ask them to use the Dynamics CRM from the first day which may help you finding issue and resolve them.
2. Building Trust and documentation
Now you have to build trust among your teams that Dynamics CRM will ease their daily tasks. During building trust, you must have to maintain transparency with your teams. Otherwise, your aim might hamper after installation. You can document these processes for a referential state to refer to when discussing future plans. This will also help your organization to train up the new members.
3. Think future, do better
Before replacing the current process with the Dynamic CRM, you must have to think how you are going to operate it. You have to think positive and negative side of Dynamic CRM. If you feel there might be business or system limitations, at first you have to have a plan to recover those limitations before implementing Dynamic CRM.
Based on your analysis, you have to design your system demonstrating what built in feature will be configured and what custom features will be developed. Configuring built in feature includes,
- User and their role management
- Security management
- Configuring out-of-the box entities like fields, forms, layouts and views
- Configuring workflows, dialogs and processes
- Data migration and integration
- Custom feature development and deployment
- Reporting and dashboard development
5. Entity Model and Database Diagram
Entity Model and Database Diagram are integrated with the Dynamics CRM. You have to design your system with this entity model and database system.
6. Security management
Though, security management is a part to configuration, we are discussing it separately because of its importance. You have to give right permission to the right people so that you cannot blame after something wrong happens. This is not only for the functions but also for the document and information stored in the database.
7. Make thinks easy
You are going to train your teams about CRM. You must have to make things easier so that your teams do not misunderstand anything. Determining the best types of training for your organization will be the paramount for successful user adoption. The biggest concern is, find out that how much fruits and coffee you have to buy for your training class.
Now, it’s party time. Be Happy with Dynamics CRM …. 🙂